The Continent of Antarctica

Click on the penguin below to and try your best to answer some of the questions.

With your notepad and pencil, record some interesting facts that you learnt about Antarctica.

Comment on the fact that you found most interesting and why.

penguin

on “The Continent of Antarctica
16 Comments on “The Continent of Antarctica
  1. Dear miss laming,
    I learnt that Antarctica is the firth largest countent. The killer whale is number one on the Antarctica food chain and feeds on seals and penguins. It dose not go dark on chismas day. I think that that activty was very good for leaning about Antarctica.
    From Rion M 3/4L

2. Dear Miss Laming,
    A fact that I found most interesting was that the first explorer to reach the South Pole was from Norway.
    From Paulina P

3. dear miss laming
    i learnt so much about Antarctica i will tall you one thing i lernt about Antarctica
    the ice sheets on Antarctica hold 70 percent.

4. Dear Miss Laming,
    some of the facts I learnt are
    70% of the world’s fresh water is stored
    in Antartica &the first man
    to discover Antartica was from Norway.
    From Dante C

5. Dear Miss Laming,
    What I thought was intresting was that it didnt go dark at night time even if it was in winter it refused to go dark any time any where in Antartica. My most interesting fact was it holds 70% of the worlds water!!! I also now now that Antartica is the largest continent in the world.

6. Dear Miss Laming,
    the thing I learnt today was that Antarctica is a continent.
    it is a continent because it’s sepret not sure if that’s the reason .

7. Dear Miss Laming,
    I really liked the game! I learnt that polar bears are not found in Antarctica, if the ice sheets melted the sea level would rise about 60-65m, it is the most likely place to find meteorites, and in the winter Antarctica expands 100 percent. The fact that I found most interesting was that polar bears are not found in Antarctica.

From Harryc3/4L

8. Dear Miss Laming,

9. Dear miss laming
    I LOVED the quiz!!!!!
    i found out that in winter Antartica expands 100 percent because the ice freeses
    secondly i found out that green out means felling and seeing grass and trees in ages.
    also if Antartica melts the water level wiil rise 60-65 meters high.
    lastly the most badest predetor in Antartica is the killer wal that feeds on some tipes of seals.

less regards
    james.l 3/4l

10. Dear Miss Laming ,
    Did you know that the Killer Whale is the nuber 1 predator
    in Antartica and it dose not go dark on chistmas at all
    thanks for the game.

From Natasha A 3/4 L

11. Dear Miss Laming,

The fact that I found most interesting was the fact that meteorites are most common in Antarctica. That seems impossible because it is at the bottom of the world, but that means that space objects and rocks can reach it easily. I found this fact interesting because it relates to space, and the Southern Lights are found.

Ben H 3/4L

12. Dear Miss Laming,
    What a great and interesting game!!!
    I thought that it was very interesting that 70percent of the worlds freshest water comes from Antarctica. its also was interesting that there is no poler bears in Antarctica. I learnt a lot from that game!
    From Daniel A 3/4L

13. Dear Miss Laming,
    I learnt a very interesting fact is that on Christmas day the sun doesn’t go down also the killer whale is the number one predator.
    from Livinia A 3/4L

14. Dear Miss Laming,
    I found out that Antarctica is the fifth largest continent. Did you know that on Christmas, the sun doesn’t set and the first explorer to reach the South Pole was Roald Amundsen from Norway.
    Angus A 3/4L